Proeon is an award-winning startup focused on making food that is good for people, the planet, and the conscience. An innovation-driven company with a deep focus on creating next-generation plant protein ingredients with superior nutrition, functional and sensory profiles for plant-based egg, meat & dairy alternatives, functional foods, and nutraceutical industries globally. We are partnering with leading food brands to build sustainable, healthier, and tastier products for consumers across the world.
- Generate ideas, design, plan and execute research from bench to pilot scale with the goal of identification, development, evaluation, and commercialization of new ingredients derived from pulses or other plant-based raw materials.
- Plan, manage, and execute experiments to improve existing processes and current protein ingredient profiles.
- Enable process transfer into manufacturing for scale-up by providing written and oral communication of the process, training of manufacturing associates, review and approval of documentation, and on-floor support.
- Maintain necessary documentation, SOPs, data of the experiments, and results. Author and review technical reports. Prepare and present data to the management and senior scientists as necessary.
- Stay abreast of the technology environment (established & emerging technologies, market trends, IP landscape). Proactively seek and pursue IP opportunities to protect Proeon’s interests in new and promising ingredients and applications.
Education Qualification: Ph. D in Food Engineering, Bio-Process Technology or related field. Active academic or industry research & development work in the field of plant proteins and by-products.
Experience: 2 to 4 years of R&D in Protein processing, grains/cereal processing, process development, and scale-up in the ingredients industry, preferably in the food and nutrition industry.
- Deep understanding of protein chemistry and isolation techniques, structure and functional properties of proteins, polysaccharides, and lipids within complex food matrix systems.
- Demonstrated ability in scale-up of processes.
- Exposure to Lab/pilot/industrial ultrafiltration, solid-liquid separation systems, and spray dryers.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project management and project ownership across the life-cycle of a project, from conception to completion.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, lab data management systems, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with designing experiments and statistical data analysis for the appropriate interpretation of results.
- Experience in mentoring junior team members.
- Effective communication skills to interact within teams and across cross-functional teams.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Job Location: Pune