Proeon is an award-winning startup focused on making food that is good for people, the planet, and the conscience. An innovation-driven company with a deep focus on creating next-generation plant protein ingredients with superior nutrition, functional and sensory profiles for plant-based egg, meat & dairy alternatives, functional foods, and nutraceutical industries globally. We are partnering with leading food brands to build sustainable, healthier, and tastier products for consumers across the world.
- Execute lab-scale research on the optimization of existing processes for plant protein isolation and purification.
- Assist in developing innovative processes for plant protein isolation, purification, and modification. Assist in developing processes for value-added by-products.
- Perform various types of food analysis methods, including protein analysis, carbohydrate analysis, and other routine Biochemical analyses.
- Characterize the protein products and by-products for functionality.
- Maintain necessary documentation, data of the experiments, and results.
- Maintain lab equipment, calibration, and troubleshooting any analysis-related issues
- Assist in inventory management of lab chemicals and consumables.
- To maintain and upkeep the hygiene, cleanliness, and work place safety in the lab
Education Qualification: M.Sc./M.tech Biotechnology /Biochemistry/Food Technology or related fields
Experience: 2 to 4 years R&D in Protein processing, grains/cereal processing, and process development in the ingredients industry, preferably in the food and nutrition industry.
- Experience in developing processes for the purification of proteins/carbohydrates for the food ingredient industry.
- Understanding of downstream processing steps.
- Experience in Biochemical analysis of proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids.
- Ability to independently conduct experiments, complex technical operations, and information search /analysis.
- Ability to interpret and analyze results and make scientific and logical suggestions.
- Ability to plan work and manage daily workflow in sync with other team members.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
- Adaptability, Initiative, Teamwork, Integrity
- Passion for learning
- Good troubleshooting skills to resolve the problems encountered
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Job Location: Pune